torsdag den 24. oktober 2013

Magnus G.

”The year 2065”

We have reached the year 2065. A lot of things have been said about this time period, and it seems like it is all true. I turned on the TV yesterday. I usually would not do it, because of the electricity prices and because it is my job to do the news, but I was tense and so was anybody else. The 10-year annual “health of earth” report had been published, and yesterday the damage was told to the public. It was my day off, so I had not heard it through my job. In the long list of problems, one especially caught my attention. Just beneath “tropical like climate in south of Europa” was one of my worst fears, “The natural oil supplies has run out”.

I have always thought about it, but never believed it would become a reality. I turned off the television and walked out to the garage. Passing my boring electric car, and my electric motorcycle. I reached the garage. I grabbed the handle, walked in and closed the door behind me. I turned on the lights and admired my man cave. One of my first cars was parked in the middle of the room. A petrol powered BMW. I was never going to drive that beauty again, and now it is not worth a penny. The real showstopper was when I saw my beloved go-kart. I could not fit in it anymore, but it reminded me of my youth.

I walked out of the garage and walked down to the city center. Looking around, you could see how twitchy and afraid people were. You suddenly realized, that you were not ready for it, and neither was the world. I walked home and sat down in my chair. I thought about what I should tell the public on the news.


Magnus Gilsborg Jensen 1.D

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar