This morning started as
any other. I got up and got ready for work, on the way out to my car I would
say hello to the neighbour and drive off to the city centre. I would arrive at
the office, and step into the elevator. When I stepped into the office,
everyone was frantically running around. This is, of course, to be expected at
an office which tries to get every little scoop they could get, but this time
it was different. People were panicking. I noticed that all of my co-workers
were talking about the same thing. I heard words like “oil”, “electricity” and
“chaos”. Worried, I rushed into my boss’ office to ask him what was going on.
“Haven’t you heard? All
the fossil fuel ran out just overnight! It’s a disaster! That’s why we’re
running around. We’re trying to get a show up as quickly as possible! Now
quickly, get to the studio and prepare, we need to this show running before the
electricity runs out too!”
He ran out to the rest
of the office and did what seemed to be shouting. I hurried to the studio and saw
the lead anchor who was over stressing the fact that his co-anchor had not
arrived yet. Not wanting to get into such a conversation, I walked to the
window and looked down at the streets. I could not believe my eyes, a few
minutes ago I had not seen anything beyond the usual, but already small groups
of people were running frantically around the streets, warning people – I
assumed – of the impending doom that would hit us all.
I am at the office now,
working on a script for the anchors, I will write later, but something tells me
this is going to be a rough couple of weeks.
Ingen kommentarer:
Send en kommentar