Hello, my
name is Camilla.
I am a 52 years old news reporter from Denmark.
Due to this difficult situation we, the humans on Earth, are facing right now, I do not know, when or even if I will ever be able to report about this world again.
This is a diary to myself or whoever finds it in the future.
I am a 52 years old news reporter from Denmark.
Due to this difficult situation we, the humans on Earth, are facing right now, I do not know, when or even if I will ever be able to report about this world again.
This is a diary to myself or whoever finds it in the future.
22 September - 2065
It is chaos!
We have run out of fossil fuel.
Nobody knows what to do. And instead of waiting for the Danish parliament to decide, how we can get more energy, which countries we should collaborate with and so forth, people take action on their own and travel to all corners of the world:
Some people are going to other places in Europe, where most of the renewable energy is, other sails to warmer countries, where “The Expanding Desert” has not spread to yet.
We have run out of fossil fuel.
Nobody knows what to do. And instead of waiting for the Danish parliament to decide, how we can get more energy, which countries we should collaborate with and so forth, people take action on their own and travel to all corners of the world:
Some people are going to other places in Europe, where most of the renewable energy is, other sails to warmer countries, where “The Expanding Desert” has not spread to yet.
But I am not
going anywhere the next couple of weeks; I want time to collect informations about
how it is here in Denmark.
When it begins to be chilly, I will immigrate to somewhere more south. I do not know where yet.
When it begins to be chilly, I will immigrate to somewhere more south. I do not know where yet.
Here is my
first impression on how Denmark is now:
The weather is the same as last year: We are in September, so the weather is around 25o C, it is weird to think, that just a generation ago the weather was approximately 18o C in the summer and -3o C in the winter!
The heat from the hot summer has made Jylland’s dessert-looking area bigger.
The weather is the same as last year: We are in September, so the weather is around 25o C, it is weird to think, that just a generation ago the weather was approximately 18o C in the summer and -3o C in the winter!
The heat from the hot summer has made Jylland’s dessert-looking area bigger.
The only
big difference in Denmark now is that most of us live on the small island
Sjælland, because the other islands, besides being too small because the north
and south poles have melted, do not have any electricity.
And the small amount of electricity we produce in Denmark can only be used for cooking. This means no hot showers and no internet!
And the small amount of electricity we produce in Denmark can only be used for cooking. This means no hot showers and no internet!
- Camilla
Ingen kommentarer:
Send en kommentar