lørdag den 26. oktober 2013

Rasmus

10.25.2065
Dear diary....
Today is the second day after the news were made official. It is a lot different from what I would have expected. Some people was going absolutely crazy, believing this is the apocalypse.
The government is still trying hard to convince us all that it will be fine, and after some hard work and cooperation, it will all be back to normal, and we will barely be able to feel a difference. But we know the bitter truth: Humanity will be taking a huge step back, and a lot of different modern tools in your everyday life will have no use anymore, every vehicle and electronic will be rendered useless.
People were starting to notice how helpless they were without all the modern technology, and wood prices have sky rocketed, since it is one of the only fuels, that is useful and obtainable in most areas. But I also realized something else has changed, in a nice way:
This night I went for a walk in my local neighborhood, and I immediately felt something different when I took a step outside. There was such a harmonic silence, that I almost felt a relief, the next thing I noticed was the lack of artificial light, the surface was only lightly lit by the glowing moon. The sky was clearer than ever, I have never seen such beauty when looking at the stars. As I walked further down the desolated road, my ears soon captured peaceful melodies of a bonfire someone was having in their backyard. The calming sounds of the campfire’s sparks interfering with the sound of footsteps my boots make as they touch the tarmac below me.

But who knows what the future might hold? Who knows, setting the world back a few hundred years might have more positive influences compared to if it was not.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar